Scholarships & Grants
The Culinary Trust, IACP's philanthropic foundation, provides more than 20 scholarships, grants, and other professional development opportunities each year to help both emerging and established culinary professionals expand their skills and pursue their passions.
2015 Richard Sax "Food Action" Grant
The Culinary Trust is now accepting letters of interest for its 2015 Richard Sax Food Action Grant. This IACP member-founded grant is awarded each year to an organization doing work in the area of the International Association of Culinary Professionals annual conference host city. In 2015 our conference will be held in Washington, D.C., March 27-30. Letters of interest will be accepted through Friday, August 29.
We seek to award our Food Action Grant to an organization whose mission includes serving people who are affected by hunger, lack of healthy food access, homelessness or prejudice. Eligibility as determined by the grant's original funders includes that the organization demonstrate broad community outreach, and in recent years our recipients have incorporated food access/hunger relief with nutrition education and community building.
The grant amount each year is determined by two factors: the amount donated by IACP members, in combination with contributions by the grant's founders. We guarantee our selected recipient a minimum award of $5000.
If this grant opportunity sounds to be a good fit for a Washington, D.C. you know or work with, and you would like to be considered, we ask that you send us a letter of interest, up to 2 pages, explaining:
1) How your organization's work fits the criteria of the grant as described above
2) Your vision for best use of the $5000
3) How significant this grant would be to your organization, and how much it would positively impact the community you serve.
The deadline to submit your letter of interest is Friday, August 29, 2014. Click here to email your LOI to executive director Laura Atkinson.
The 2015-16 Scholarships, Grants, and Professional Development program
Scholarship, grant, and internship applications will open in December 2014 for these categories:
- Scholarships for Emerging Professionals: To support the furthering of formal culinary education.
- Professional Development Internship Opportunities: Designed to help emerging culinary professionals learn about and take action on critical issues in the world of food.
- Julia Child Independent Study Grants: Two awards available for study, research, and writing focusing on French cuisine and culinary traditions.